Here’s a list of twelve different countries from around the world. The only problem is that Thesaurus has jumbled up the letters to make a load of anagrams!
Can you work out which anagram is which country?
3) Neg Land
4) Gray Men
5) Rent Again
6) Race Aim
7) USA Lariat
8) Igloo Man
9) Haircut Sofa
10) Mad Car Saga
11) Dollar Vase
12) Snip Pipe Hill
Coo, that’s hard!
Solutions appear on the Answers Page.
Rog and Thes are off to another game with a lot of other fans!
What’s the colour of your favorite team? Why not print this cartoon out and colour it in?
Find the correct words on the ‘answers page’.
If you’ve read a few of our cartoons, you’ll know that Roger is a soccer fanatic (enthusiast, addict, devotee). Here’s his favorite funny moments, forever captured on film.
How embarrassing (awkward, humiliating, shameful) for all these poor players.
Roger thinks it’s a bit like watching Thesaurus play!
Remember, all our brilliant cartoon strips are available for syndication in YOUR local newspaper! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
Just email us (at email@example.com) and we will send you a super Fan Club card and a special gift!
Don’t delay (put off, postpone or defer), to become one of the first people ANYWHERE in the world, with a personally signed membership card!
Remember, all of our super cartoon strips are available for syndication in your nearest newspaper! Just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
OK, this has little to do with words (apart from the fact that you have to read these words about useless facts in order to…), er, but it’s a lot of fun anyway!
1) Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.
2) The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.
3) Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
4) You’re born with 300 bones, but by the time you become an adult, you only have 206.
5) The elephant is the only mammal that can’t jump!
6) Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food - ugh!
7) Slugs have 4 noses.
8) Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!
9)On average a hedgehog’s heart beats 300 times a minute.
10) The word “queue” is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.
Well, at least there was one wordy fact at the end!
If you are reading these words then there’s a good chance that you’ve already met Roger and his best pal Thesaurus, in their 3-panel cartoon format.
However, there is lot more to these characters than that!
Here at Tumblr, you can explore ‘behind-the-scenes’, meet the creators, check out how Roger and Thesaurus met, play some great word games, ask questions and generally get to know Roger and Thesaurus a bit better, while having some excellent fun with words.
But what other words mean colourful?
Choose four words out of the following list, that mean the same as ‘colourful’:- purple, vivid, flashy, brilliant, bright, dismal, rainbow, grubby, multicoloured, exciting, pretty.
Solution on the ‘Answers Page’.